Easy Zucchini Recipes: 20 Creative Zucchini Recipes to Use Up That Summer Squash Harvest by 30Seconds Food
During the summer months, it's not surprising to find a bag of zucchini on your front porch. Use that bountiful summer harvest in one of these easy zucchini recipes.
1. Cheesy Zucchini Casserole: Make this cheesy zucchini casserole for your weekday family meal. Don't have zucchini? You can substitute yellow crookneck squash.
2. Zucchini Boats: The end of summer means stores, gardens and fridges are overloaded with zucchini.Zucchini boats are a fun and delicious way to use some of that summer's bounty up. Kids love 'em!
3. Zucchini and Pasta: We're not talking zoodles here! This is shredded zucchini mixed with noodles – and it's delish.
4. Zucchini Egg Nests: Don't have a spiralizer? These zucchini "noodle" egg nests are making you want to buy one right now, aren't they? If you already have one, what are you waiting for?
5. Zucchini Fritters: Love zucchini? Make these easy zucchini fritters! Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.
7. Zucchini Bread: This quick zucchini bread recipe makes two loaves – one for you and one for your neighbors, friends or family. A win-win for everyone!
8. Zucchini Egg Cups: An overload of zucchini and Renee Herren's ham and cheese egg cups were the inspiration for these easy zucchini egg cups. Mix and match the meats and vegetables to make it fit your family's tastes!
9. Zucchini Ratatouille: Paired with yellow squash and peppers, this is as colorful as it is filling. Serve with breaded chicken or whole-wheat pasta, with rice and naan bread or as a side dish on its own.
10. Acini Di Pepe: Tired of the same ol' rice or potato side dishes? Try this easy recipe for acini di pepe with zucchini and Parmesan.
11. Grilled Zucchini: Marinating is the secret to this flavorful grilled zucchini. It's a super simple side dish that goes well with any protein.
12. Oven-fried Zucchini Fries: Not taking anything away from our friend, the potato, but these oven-baked zucchini fries hit the spot when you're craving something crunchy. Dip these vegetable sticks in ranch dressing or marinara sauce – or get wild and dunk them in spicy Serrano-avocado sauce.
13. Linguine Bolognese With Zucchini: Kids (and husbands!) will never know there's healthy zucchini in their Bolognese sauce. One thing you will know – the recipe only requires one pot for cooking, making cleanup a snap.
14. Zucchini, Carrot and Chickpea Salad With Cilantro and Mint: Zucchini, carrots and chickpeas combine with the freshness of mint and cilantro to create this healthy, Asian-inspired salad. Great as a side dish or throw in some chicken for a complete meal.
15. Zucchini Carrot Citrus Cake With Lemon Coconut Cream Icing: Love carrot cake? Try this version that features zucchini, green apple and citrus.
16. Zoodles: Zoodles are zucchini "noodles" – and a fun, fresh and healthy alternative to pasta. Plus they're super easy to make!
17. Spiralized Veggie Tart: Thinly sliced summer vegetables are the star of this spiral vegetable tart. A meal in itself with a layer of homemade basil pesto or your favorite pasta sauce slathered inside the flaky pie crust, this tart is as delicious as it is beautiful.
18. Vegetable Manicotti With Sherry Cream Sauce: Yes, this vegetable manicotti recipe takes a little time to make. But pour yourself a glass of wine and just do it, because after the first bite you'll know it was worth every minute.
20. Mediterranean Zucchini Spirals With Olives, Chickpeas and Tomatoes: For a mere 10 calories for about a 2-ounce serving, you can’t beat this low-calorie, vitamin C-rich, plant-based option for meals and side dishes.
What's your favorite zucchini recipe?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Zucchini T-shirt $20
Spiralizers $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.