20-Minute Baked Parmesan Zucchini Recipe For When the Garden Explodes With Fresh Zucchini by Melissa Vickers
True to how she learned to cook from me and how I learned to cook from my mom, a recipe is just a starting point, and you make it your own – especially when you are missing some of the ingredients. Her inspiration for this easy recipe was similar to eggplant parmesan that involved dipping the zucchini in egg and breadcrumbs, but she didn’t bother, and the result was plenty tasty!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large zucchini, cut in 1/3-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Set oven to broil. Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add sliced zucchini in a single layer. Cook until barely browned, flipping to brown both sides.
- Add pasta sauce, just barely covering most of the zucchini. Add mozzarella and top with Parmesan cheese. Broil until cheese starts to brown. Serve with your favorite garlic bread.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.