Pantry Packed With SPAM®? Here Are 15 Ways to Use SPAM That You May Not Have Thought Of by Donna John
Is your pantry overloaded with SPAM® after stocking up for the coronavirus pandemic? Not sure what to do with this can of meat? Here are 15 creative ways to use SPAM so you can use up some of that stockpile:
1. SPAM® Fries: Who knew? Cut the SPAM into thick fries. Throw them onto a baking sheet and cook until browned. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
2. SPAM® Stir-fry: Shake that boring stir-fry up by adding thin or thick sticks of SPAM. Crisp it up first, if you like, then throw it into your vegetables at the end of cooking.
3. Cold SPAM® Sandwich: Replace your regular ham, turkey or pastrami lunch meat with slices of SPAM.
4. SPAM® Bacon Bits (Spamos?): If you love topping your salad with crispy pieces of bacon or Bacos™, finely dice some SPAM and toss it into a frying pan. Cook it until the SPAM gets super crispy. Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle over your salad greens.
5. Breakfast SPAM®: Fry up slices of SPAM and serve in place of your regular bacon or breakfast sausage. This is no yolk, it's good.
6. SPAM® Pasta Salad: Cut up cubes of SPAM and stir into your favorite pasta salad recipe.
7. SPAM® Quesadillas: Take that can of SPAM on a trip to Mexico! Add cubes, slices or chunks of SPAM to your cheesy quesadillas. Ole.
8. SPAM® Quiche: Replace the ham in your quiche recipe with chunks of SPAM. It's egg-cellent.
9. SPAM® Pizza: If Canadian bacon, pepperoni and regular ham can have such fame on a pizza, why not SPAM? Sprinkle cubes or place thin slices on your pizza before baking.
11. SPAM® Nicoise Salad: A nicoise salad typically has hard-boiled eggs, olives, salad greens, tomatoes and tuna. While there's probably a lot of tuna in your pantry as well, let SPAM shine this time.
12. SPAM® Musubi: Sushi made with SPAM is a popular food in Hawaii. So try your hand at making sushi rice, order some nori and get to wrapping.
13. SPAM® Balls: Replace the ham in your favorite ham meatballs with ground-up SPAM, or add a little to this spinach balls recipe.
14. The Blue Box With SPAM®: Who didn't grow up eating Kraft Macaroni and Cheese? Elevate the blue box by adding diced SPAM. Gourmet cooking at its finest.
15. SPAM® Burger: SPAM shines here. Cut thick (thick!) slices of SPAM and pan-fry. Place them on a sandwich roll or ham(spam)burger bun, add any condiments you like, then sink ... your ... teeth ... in.
How do you eat SPAM®? Share below! Get more recipes at Spam.com.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.