Healthy Asado Chicken Recipe With Zucchini Is Full of Flavor by Sarah Amona
This easy chicken recipe is a complete meal. An extra splash of lemon juice before serving the chicken is highly recommended! Enjoy!
Cuisine: Filipino / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to marinate the chicken
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 6 cups (24 ounces) zucchini, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (more for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, chicken stock, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic, chili flakes and olive oil. Taste and adjust salt and lemon before adding chicken. Add in chicken and coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate. When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and reserve the marinade for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook chicken on both sides until internal temperature reads 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, approximately 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the diced zucchini to the same pan and season with salt, pepper and red chili pepper flakes (if using). Add a bit of oil, if necessary. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-low, then add the remaining marinade. Cook zucchini with the marinade sauce for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce has reduced a bit and zucchini are tender.
- Divide cooked zucchini and the sauce into plates or bowls and top with sliced chicken breasts. Serve garnished with lemon slices and fresh chopped parsley.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.