Mediterranean Zucchini Spirals With Olives, Chickpeas & Tomatoes (You'll Love This Low-Calorie Recipe!) by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
I love veggie noodles (aka voodles)! For a mere 10 calories for about a 2-ounce serving, you can’t beat this low-calorie, vitamin C-rich, plant-based option for meals and side dishes.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces zucchini spirals
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
Here’s how to make it:
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil and tilt pan to coat the whole surface. Add the zucchini spirals and dash with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing with tongs every minute. Remove it from heat when zucchini is heated through and soft, but not mushy. Put the zucchini into a colander to drain excess water.
- In a medium bowl, add the zucchini and top with chickpeas, tomatoes and olives. Toss gently and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard and shallots. Drizzle the dressing on the zucchini mixture. Gently toss together. Serve immediately or put in the fridge to serve later.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.