Zucchini Egg Cups: You Won't Mind Getting Up Early for This Easy Breakfast Recipe by Gwen Johnson
An overload of zucchini and Renee Herren's ham and cheese egg cups were my inspiration for these easy zucchini egg cups. Mix and match the meats and vegetables to make it fit your family's tastes!
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 pound ham or bacon, chopped
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, Gouda, fontina, Muenster, mozzarella, Swiss, etc.)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Lightly spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Line the sides and bottom of each muffin cup with zucchini strips.
- Add the chopped ham or bacon (cook and crumble first if using bacon) and red bell pepper on top of the zucchini "crust."
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into each muffin cup. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Muffin Tins $5 & Up
Vegetable Peelers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.