Meat Shortage? Who Cares?! 21 Healthy Fish Recipes That Will Make You Forget About Anything That Doesn't Swim by 30Seconds Food
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic may have the meat cases bare in many grocery stores, but don't panic. Fish may actually be healthier and better for you than red meat, according to the American Heart Association. Here are 20 healthy fish recipes that will help you forget about those empty meat cases at the grocery store.
1. Pistachio-Crusted Salmon: This pistachio-crusted salmon recipe is the perfect weeknight meal. And it's ready in less than 30 minutes. Seriously!
2. Marinated Salmon: You would think this salmon recipe would be salty because of the soy sauce, but think again. Marinating the salmon imparts a rich flavor and changes the texture of the fish. Great for a busy weeknight meal.
3. Balsamic-Glazed Salmon: Fish is also a good source of omega 3s, which help promote heart health and support immune systems. This balsamic-glazed salmon recipe is packed with flavor.
4. Popcorn-Crusted Fish: Popcorn as a crust on fish? Now why didn’t I think of that? Oh, but Chef Gigi did!
5. Salmon & Asparagus: This easy salmon dish is delish and ready in no time. Add brown rice, quinoa or pasta for a complete meal.
6. Honey-Glazed Salmon: Sweet salmon that's ready in about eight minutes? Yes, please.
7. Grilled Branzino: Branzino is so easy to work with and easy to serve. Cooked whole, the firm flesh just falls right off bone and requires only a short period of grill time.
8. Mayonnaise Baked Cod: Know someone who frowns any time fish is being served for dinner? The mayonnaise in this easy fish recipe makes the cod super moist. Throw in the cheese, lemon and other seasonings, and you may soon have a fish lover on your hands.
9. Cheesy Salmon Patties: Here's a different twist on the traditional salmon patties. They can stick very easily because of the cheese, so be sure to use a nonstick pan and keep an eye on them.
10. Broiled Fish With Tomatoes & Swiss Cheese: Sometimes (a lot of times!) simple is best when you're trying to feed your family. This easy recipe has four ingredients and features healthy fish. What could be better?
12. Cod in Thai Coconut Green Curry Sauce: Delicate white fish floating in a sea of green coconut curry sauce is ready in about 30 minutes. Serve with noodles or rice and adjust the amount of curry paste to fit your taste. Any white fish would work well in this recipe.
13. Citrus-Glazed Salmon With Grilled Oranges: If you want to make your outdoor grilling a little healthier, try this easy citrus-glazed salmon recipe. Grilled oranges may be your new obsession after you do.
14. Cajun Kissed Honey Salmon: What to do with those salmon fillets? Hit the pantry and pull out olive oil, honey and Cajun seasoning. That's it. You're now on your way to a healthy salmon dinner in less than 20 minutes.
15. Salmon & Asparagus Packets: These easy salmon and asparagus foil packets make a quick dinner and are great for cookouts or camping trips. You can even prepare them ahead of time.
16. Fried Fish: Who doesn't love a fish fry – or a fried fish dinner? Nothing fancy here, just a simple batter and a few minutes in hot oil. Serve with homemade tartar sauce, cole slaw and french fries.
17. Tempura Fish Tacos With Serrano Avocado Sauce: Although most fish taco enthusiasts disagree about what makes the ultimate fish taco, know this: in its purest form, this iconic dish consists of only a few items: savory pieces of fish, a little dressed cabbage slaw and a creamy, delicious dressing folded into a warm tortilla.
19. Trout With Lemony Almonds: This easy fish dish is a healthy way to add to the seafood section in your recipe box. If you can't find trout, catfish, haddock, pollack, redfish, striped bass or whitefish are good substitutes.
20. Ellie Krieger's Tilapia Milanese: "Tilapia is so clean tasting and so mild that really even people who don’t think they like fish, they like tilapia," says Ellie Krieger, registered dietitian and host of Ellie's Real Good Food.
21. BBQ Salmon & Couscous Veggie Packets: This easy fish recipe is a whole meal packed into one aluminum foil package. Perfection!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Fish Cookbooks $3 & Up
Fish Spatulas $6 & Up
Fish Fryers $15 & Up
Fish Deboners $4 & Up
Fish Glazes $3 & Up
Fish Serving Platters $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.