BBQ Salmon & Couscous Veggie Packets: A Quick, Delicious, Healthy & Kid-Friendly Recipe! by Tanya Kuzmanovic
This is one of those recipes that after I make it, I feel like I've gotten away with something very clever. I picked it up from a recent edition of Canadian Living magazine, and it's since become part of my recipe repertoire. I often put these pouches together the day before and personalize them with my children's initials. Once grilled, I plunk them on our plates, foil and all – it makes cleanup a cinch. Just be careful when opening them up because they'll be piping hot!
- 5 - 6 pieces salmon
- 2/3 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 8 teaspoons prepared pesto sauce, divided (try this easy homemade pesto recipe)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a bowl, stir together couscous, boiling water and butter. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped veggies as well as 4 teaspoons of the pesto and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Lay out 5-6 pieces of foil with a piece of parchment paper in the center of each. Spoon 1 cup of the couscous mixture onto the parchment paper. Top with a piece of salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper and smear on a dollop of pesto. Loosely fold up the foil pouches leaving room for expansion.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the pouches directly on grill, shut the lid and leave for 15 minutes. Once done, allow to sit for 5 minutes before opening.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.