What Would You Do if You Knew You Could Not Fail? Inspiring & Surprising Responses! by Ann Marie Patitucci
At the start of the new year, we posed a question to our 30Seconds tribe: What would you do if you knew you could not fail? We already knew that our amazing community was talented and inspirational. But what could we do if we knew failure wasn’t an option? The responses were ambitious, exciting, inspiring and in some cases unexpected (ukulele flash mob!):
- Adopt a child.
- Travel the world.
- Start a no-kill animal shelter.
- Make a living as an actor, writer and filmmaker.
- Create a dream garden.
- Build a high-tech hospital that researches and heals the toughest health challenges.
- Go back to school.
- Write and perform a solo performance.
- Start a business.
- Start a ukulele flash mob.
- Be a consultant for special education teachers.
- Blog full time.
- Do stand-up comedy.
- Finish my degree.
- Bring people together in community and inspire each other.
- Foster/adopt terminally ill babies.
- Perform on Broadway.
- Open a restaurant.
- Write a book.
- Make a difference in the world.
Everyone’s individual responses were inspiring and so, too, were their comments to each other:
- "Wow can I relate to your answer. I try to remind myself I am not failing if I am doing what I love."
- "Failure is actually HOW we get to our dream life … So accept that failure is PART of the dream you want and GO FOR IT!"
- "This is really awesome and inspiring."
- "You can do it!"
How heartening to see not only everyone’s exciting dreams but also the support and encouragement they showed to one another. And who knows, maybe some of you will be motivated to pursue your dreams this year. If you do, we hope you’ll report back. We’d love to hear all about it. Just imagine what we could accomplish collectively!
Here’s to community and to dreaming big in 2021, 30Seconds tribe! Thank you to all the tribe members who shared their dreams: Stephanie Cannoe, Mike Prochaska, Elisa All Schmitz, Jeff Jackson, Carrie Brady, Keri DeDeo, Sheri Doyle, Michelle Nelson-Schmidt, Kirstin Ahearn, Jen Imbaro, John Countryman, Bri Montoya, Nancy Dafoe, Tiffany Zook, Janine Hamilton, Renee Herren, Karen Vega, Heather Murphy-Fritz, Gina Pomering, Diona DeHaven Mower, Cindy Hlywa, Tom Templeton, Donna John, Katie Sloan, Matt Pace and Ellen Argenzio.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.