Baked Peanut Chicken Recipe: This Crispy Thai Chicken Recipe Is Full of Asian Flavors by 30Seconds Food
Baked chicken is a popular dinner in many homes. Chicken is an ingredient most people enjoy, it's versatile, easy to prepare and bakes up quickly. All cultures have some type of chicken dish. In Jamaica they have jerk chicken, in Germany they enjoy Hähnchenkeulen, in China it is five-spice chicken and in Peru they love pollo a la brasa. This chicken baked in a peanut sauce is one you may not have heard of that's enjoyed in Thailand.
This baked Thai peanut chicken is made with bone-in chicken pieces, though some recipes do use boneless chicken. The chicken sits in a pool of peanut sauce as it bakes. The creamy peanut sauce is made with coconut milk, creamy peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. The chicken is cooked without being coated in the sauce so the skin crisps up. Start basting at the end of cooking time to get the flavor of the sauce onto the chicken. So easy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 6 chicken thighs (or your favorite chicken pieces)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together al the sauce ingredients. Pour into a baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Set the chicken on the sauce skin side up.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, basting with sauce during the last few minutes of cooking time.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.