Pregnancy Cravings: 35 Moms Confess What Foods They Craved During Pregnancy by Donna John
Where's the pickle? When we asked moms to share their pregnancy cravings, we were sure at least one would have craved that iconic pregnancy pickle. Nope! What we discovered is that pregnancy cravings are as unique as the mom who has them. What foods did you crave during pregnancy? Tell us below after you find out what these mamas couldn't live without while pregnant.
- “Grits with cheese. Lots of seltzer water! Also, homemade brownies and vanilla ice cream. My husband tried to buy packaged brownies, but that did not do the trick. I researched nearby bakeries and finally got that homemade brownie a la mode, LOL.”
- “With my first it was canned green peas with lots of butter and black pepper. Weird, I know. Second was Burger King Whoppers. Dear Lord, did I eat a lot of Whoppers. And Lay's potato chips. No flavor, just plain. I don't remember a specific craving with my third, though I did eat a lot of Mexican food. Wait, I do that anyway.”
- “Root beer floats. Gained 42 pounds.”
- “My first pregnancy, I craved turkey sandwiches and lemonade. It's the only thing I could keep down in the first trimester, and after that, I just wanted to keep eating that combo. Something about the salty and sweet, maybe? My second pregnancy, I was hospitalized for six weeks with my twins. The hospital food was SO bad. I craved Chicago deep dish pizza in the worst way. So my family brought it in for me one night and we had a pizza party in my hospital room. That was the best!”
- "Crushed ice."
- "Peanut butter!"
- “My husband caught me licking a container of (vegan) ranch, LOL. No shame.”
- Baby No. 1: Shrimp po' boys and virgin strawberry daiquiris! But only with real strawberries – didn't even return to restaurants that use nasty fake syrup. Baby No. 2: I had morning sickness 24/7 for the first 20 weeks! Lived on green Blue Bell Bullet Popsicles and Honey Nut Cheerios. Then when I could finally eat, Olive Garden minestrone soup was literally an everyday consumption. Baby No. 3: No cravings at all. Weird.”
- “Nachos and cheese with my first. Literally, the first trimester that was all I could eat besides Saltine crackers – the morning sickness was tough.”
- “Coffee milk! I couldn’t get enough of it.”
- "Mr. Goodbars and Jack in the Box Ultimate Cheeseburgers."
- "With my first, anything chocolate. Second, celery with Cheez Whiz Third, cucumbers. Oh and French vanilla coffee slushies with my second as well."
- “Chocolate malt!!!”
- "My sister craved edamame hummus with her first and ate it all the time and since then has never been able to eat it since!"
- “Iceberg lettuce.”
- “Geez, what didn't I crave?! I could NOT get in enough food – total eating machine! Gained 58 pounds for my first, 60 plus for my second and with him, I actually tried not to eat every time I was hungry!”
- "Chicken fingers!!!!"
- "Cheese-stuffed jalapenos!"
- "Olive Garden's salad dressing. I would actually go there and buy it before they eventually started selling in stores."
- “Jamba Juice and any kind of fruit smoothie!”
- “Baked beans and sweet potatoes.”
- “Anything sour. I loved eating lemons. Also, banana peppers.”
- “My first pregnancy eggs and oranges; second, pizza and chicken wings; third, Jolly Ranchers; fourth, steak! LOL! and my kids are all as different as my cravings!”
- “Nachos with jalapeños, ballpark style, not fancy. But now jalapeños hate me. No mas.”
- “Orange rolls and chocolate milk.”
- “No cravings with the first. VERY hot buffalo chicken with the second.”
- “Milk!! Like by the gallon! I went through a gallon of milk a day. The irony was that my son was born allergic to milk!”
- “With my son burgers and with my daughter sweets.”
- “EGGO Waffles!”
- “Donuts and Portobello mushrooms … Oh, and s’mores. I would make them in the oven/broiler with a giant glass of milk.”
- “Food from restaurants in a city I didn't live in anymore.”
- “Hot wings, pineapple and watermelon!!”
- “Neapolitan ice cream topped with grape jelly. Hate both!”
Thanks to the women who contributed to this post: Kandice Cole, Donna John, Heather Holter, Melissa Hurt, Elisa All Schmitz, Katie Yeckel Sloan, Samantha Martin, Candy Stephens, Stephanie Cannoe, Mindy Hudon, Gina Pomering, Lori McFarlin Mikosh, Heather Webb Coolbaugh, Dawn Taylor, Tina Borgman Worrell, Cynthia A. Stein, Holly Budde, Joan Plenty, Rhiannon Bowden, Molly Laird, Larissa McGinnis, Christie Gosch, Morgan Hawthorne, Sandra Renee Eastman, Sheri Doyle, Joy Stephenson-Laws, Gigi Gaggero, Katherine Fraiser Oros, Meagan McLucas, Trish Baker, Debbie Caldwell, Laura Oliver Kennedy, Dawn Nunweiler Thurmeier, Sarah Griffin and Karen Whittier.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Garden Salad Dressing $4 & Up
Jolly Ranchers $5 & Up
EGGO Waffles $6 & Up
Canned Green Peas $2 & Up
Cheez Whiz $4 & Up
Honey Nut Cheerios $3 & Up
Mr. Goodbar $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.