Easy Carne Asada Bowl Recipe: This Copycat Carne Asada Steak Bowl Recipe Is a Masterpiece by 30Seconds Food
Love the carne asada steak bowl from Chipotle? This easy copycat carne asada bowl can be made however you like it – from using premade ingredients to making all the components homemade. Your time, your bowl, your call.
Prep Time: 2 to 24 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes to 24 plus
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- refried beans or pinto beans
- cilantro rice, Spanish rice or white rice
- guacamole, sliced avocado or grilled avocado
- pico de gallo
- tomato salsa, tomatillo salsa or serrano-avocado sauce
- whole kernel corn
- chopped red onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- grated cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the skirt steak into thin strips. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Squeeze the juice out of the orange segments. Season with salt and pepper. Add the steak and marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet. Remove the meat from the marinade and cook over high heat for about 2 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- To assemble the bowl, put some rice and beans at the bottom, then top with the hot meat and desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Grills $30 & Up
Grill Pans $10 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Pinto Beans $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.