Taco Night Side Dishes: The Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Will Ever Find by Gwen Johnson
Most of the time, my family does not have sides dishes on taco night. No refried beans. No rice. No guacamole. Just tacos. That is, until this Spanish rice recipe was given to me by a friend. It could not be easier or more delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- chopped cilantro, for ganish
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and salsa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped, fresh cilantro, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.