Easy Carne Asada Steak Bowl Recipe Is a Mexican Food Masterpiece by 30Seconds Food
Love the carne asada steak bowl from Chipotle, or Mexican food in general? This easy copycat carne asada steak bowl recipe can be made however you like it – from using pre-made ingredients to making all the components homemade. Your time, your bowl, your call.
This carne asada bowl recipe is a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday or just dinner any dang day of the week. One bite and you'll know why we call it a Mexican food masterpiece. Olé!
Prep Time: 2 to 24 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: At least 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- refried beans or pinto beans
- cilantro rice, Spanish rice or white rice
- guacamole, sliced avocado or grilled avocado
- pico de gallo
- tomato salsa, tomatillo salsa or serrano-avocado sauce
- whole kernel corn
- chopped red onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- grated cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the skirt steak into thin strips. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Squeeze the juice out of the orange segments. Season with salt and pepper. Add the steak and marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet. Remove the meat from the marinade and cook over high heat for about 2 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- To assemble the bowl, put some rice and beans at the bottom, then top with the hot meat and desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Grills $30 & Up
Grill Pans $10 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Pinto Beans $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.