Easy Carne Asada Steak Bowl Recipe Is a Mexican Food Masterpiece by 30Seconds Food
Love the carne asada steak bowl from Chipotle, or Mexican food in general? This easy copycat carne asada steak bowl recipe can be made however you like it – from using pre-made ingredients to making all the components homemade. Your time, your bowl, your call.
Prep Time: 2 to 24 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: At least 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- refried beans or pinto beans
- cilantro rice, Spanish rice or white rice
- guacamole, sliced avocado or grilled avocado
- pico de gallo
- tomato salsa, tomatillo salsa or serrano-avocado sauce
- whole kernel corn
- chopped red onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- grated cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the skirt steak into thin strips. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Squeeze the juice out of the orange segments. Season with salt and pepper. Add the steak and marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet. Remove the meat from the marinade and cook over high heat for about 2 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- To assemble the bowl, put some rice and beans at the bottom, then top with the hot meat and desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.