Chef Adrianne Calvo's Marinated Skirt Steak Recipe With White Corn, Pepper Relish & Spicy Soy Sauce by Chef Adrianne Calvo
It's time to lighten up your cooking for the warmer months, and nothing is better than grilling outdoors. This easy skirt steak recipe is topped with a sweet corn and pepper relish and then gets a spicy kick with an elevated soy sauce.
This delicious skirt steak recipe will make you a grilling gourmet!
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 to 4 hours marinating time
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes plus marinating time
Servings: 2 to 4
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white corn, cooked and cut off the cob
- 1/4 cup sweet tri-color peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound skirt steak
- canola oil
Spicy Soy Sauce
- 5 - 6 cucumber ribbons
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the miso, water, cornstarch, sesame oil, sugar and soy sauce. Add the skirt steak, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- To make the white corn relish, combine the corn, peppers, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- For the spicy soy, whisk together the soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill or a large cast iron pan to medium-high heat. Add a small amount of canola oil to coat. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Place on the grill or in the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or each side. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, place the sliced skirt steak on the center of a dish. Top with the corn relish and cucumber ribbons. Spoon the spicy soy sauce around the steak.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.