Homemade Roasted Salsa Verde: This Recipe Puts the Jarred Green Salsa to Shame by Gwen Johnson
Salsa verde can be used in recipes, as a topping for Mexican dishes and as a dip with tortilla chips or vegetables. Adjust the ingredients to fit your family's tastes.
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed well and cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (remove seeds for less heat)
Here’s how to make it:
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put the tomatillo halves on the sheet along with the garlic. Broil for about 6 minutes, or until they begin to lightly char.
- Put the tomatillos and garlic, lime juice, cilantro, onion and jalapeno into a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.