Hall of Fame Ground Beef Potato Taco Casserole Recipe Is the G.O.A.T. by 30Seconds Food
Creamy potatoes layered with spicy seasoned ground beef, corn and cheese is incredible. This Mexican potato casserole recipe is all you need on your plate, and really is the greatest of all time (G.O.A.T.). Really. And it's a fan favorite!
This layered ground beef casserole recipe is made with potatoes, ground beef, onion, fresh garlic, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, salsa, whole kernel corn, alfredo sauce (yes!) and shredded Mexican cheese. The potato slices are gently boiled until just tender (you don't want mush), and the ground beef cooked with the onion, garlic, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, salsa and corn. The potatoes, ground beef, alfredo sauce and cheese are layered in a casserole dish before being baked for about 30 minutes. Amazingly delicious!
The easy potato casserole recipe can be served as a main dish, hearty (very hearty!) side dish and makes a perfect potluck dish. Be sure to print several copies of the recipe, because you're sure to get asked for it.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 6 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (divided)
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- Russet, Yukon gold, red or white potatoes would work for this recipe.
- You could use Monterey Jack, cheddar or Colby-Jack cheese instead of a Mexican blend.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water about 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, salsa and corn. Mix well and cook about 5 minutes.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Pour on half of the alfredo sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with half of the ground beef mixture. Repeat with more potatoes, alfredo sauce 1 cup of cheese and remaining ground beef mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and cook until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 28.7g
Saturated Fat: 17g
Total Carbohydrate: 60.6g
Dietary Fiber: 4.6g
Total Sugars: 6.2g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.