Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe With Bacon, Cheese & Peas by Donna John
Sometimes pasta salads can get too complicated. This easy pasta salad recipe has minimal ingredients, but is packed with flavor. This creamy bacon, peas and cheese pasta salad takes about 20 minutes to whip up for all your summer get-togethers or just any weeknight dinner.
The shopping list won't break the bank and is not too long for this ranch pasta salad: elbow macaroni, dry ranch salad dressing mix, sour cream, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, frozen peas and bacon. Combine all the ingredients with the al dente elbow macaroni and season with salt and black pepper. Done. You could add in some chopped red onion or green onion for even more flavor. Or how about some chopped fresh chives?
Pro Tip: If you're making it to take to a potluck or other get-together, put the ranch dressing in an airtight container and mix it with the pasta when you get there to keep it super creamy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) dry ranch salad dressing
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 block (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine the ranch dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.