30-Minute One-Pan Mexican Chicken & Rice Recipe With Corn by 30Seconds Food
A one-pan recipe that's on the table in less than 30 minutes? Sign us up! This easy chicken and rice casserole recipe is flavored with Mexican spices and has tender, juicy chicken and sweet corn. Yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper and jalapeño. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder and ground cumin and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stewed tomatoes and chicken broth. Put the chicken back into the pan. Add the corn. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Stewed Tomatoes $1 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.