Mareya Ibrahim's Healthy Shelf-Stable Pantry Ingredients That Go the Distance by Mareya Ibrahim
Now with people hunkering down at home and ingredients sometimes scarce to find, it's that much more important to get your meals planned and have your ingredients go the distance. Here are some amazing ingredients that are shelf stable to stock your pantry with:
- Single ingredient gluten-free superfoods grains like millet, wheatberries and quinoa can go from breakfast (like my Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl) to lunch to dessert and as a way to bulk up salads and stews.
- Canned beans can be added to stews or processed into a dip like my Artichoke Hummus or Sun Dried Tomato White Bean Basil Dip.
- Canned tuna, sardines and anchovies can be the main ingredients in a salad, like my Seafood Stuffed Avocados.
- Other important ingredients include artichokes in oil, olives, roasted red peppers and capers, which are perfect additions to cooked veggies, pasta, meats or in a salad.
- Always keep quick-cook oats on hand for overnight oats, to use in my No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and for my Protein Fit Bites.
- Better than Bouillon makes a great stock or base for soups and is more cost efficient than buying big containers of stock.
- I also keep dried fruit like sulfite-free dates and apricots on hand for a better alternative for a sweet tooth.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.