How to Make Homemade Soft Serve Ice Cream in Just 15 Minutes! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
2 years ago
Chill out the kids fast on a hot day with this fun no-hassle activity – homemade soft serve ice cream! It's fun and delicious!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce (optional)
- 4-6 cups crushed ice
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 quart-size Ziploc bags
- 1 gallon size Ziploc freezer bag
- 1 hand towel or gloves
Here's how to make it!
- Combine the milk, vanilla, sugar and chocolate (if using) together in one of the quart bags. Seal tightly. Allow as little air inside as possible. Place this bag inside the other quart bag and seal.
- Put the double bagger bag inside the gallon-size bag and fill the big bag with ice. Salt the ice. Seal.
- Wrap the bag in the towel or put gloves on and massage so the ice surrounds the cream mixture and begins to freeze. Depending on your touch, you should have soft serve in 10 to 15 minutes.
Add additional freeze time in your freezer to convert into firmer ice cream.