Mom's One-Pan Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe (Only Quicker & More Delicious) by Jan Mostrom
This chicken and mushroom recipe reminded me so much of a dinner my mom used to make. But, this chicken recipe is so much better because of the addition of just a few fresh ingredients (and I think my mamma would agree). I love how simple this one-pan chicken dinner is with the addition of fresh mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Just those few ingredients added to the others takes a low-cost meal and makes it feel so special – real comfort food.
Serve the chicken and sauce alone or on top of your favorite grain. Add a simple green vegetable like steamed broccoli for a complete, delicious and budget-friendly dinner! Change up the grains you serve it with and it will easily become a dish you'll want to make over and over.
Here is your shopping list for mom's mushroom chicken recipe: chicken breasts, flour, butter, mushrooms, garlic, Parmesan cheese and half and half. Oh, and don't forget that one frying pan you'll need. Talk about easy cleanup!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced horizontally in half
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 - 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 - 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- Try a variety of different mushrooms for this recipe. You can also buy mushrooms blends at some grocery stores.
- To make this a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Here's how to make it:
- Place a heavy skillet or cast iron pan on a cooktop over medium heat. While the pan heats up salt and pepper the chicken and dust it with flour to help the sauce stick. When the pan is nice and hot place 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan and gently add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- When the chicken is nice and golden brown remove it from the pan and set aside. Add water and the mushrooms to the pan.
- When the mushrooms are nice and soft add 1 to 2 tablespoons butter and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add cream and garlic and cook for another 1 minute. Add grated cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add chicken breasts back in. Cook about for about 1 minute per side or until they are fully done.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.