20-Minute Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe Is Like a Hug From Grandma by 30Seconds Food
Broccoli and cheese is a classic combination. Instead of just serving steamed broccoli with a cheese sauce drizzled over the top, why not make a simple vegetable casserole? This easy broccoli cheese casserole recipe is easy, quick (ready in about 20 minutes), cheesy and creamy. Perfect for company or a weeknight family meal. The recipe is so comforting, it's like a hug from grandma (or mom!).
Start by melting a little butter in a large skillet or soup pot (big enough to hold the broccoli). Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, then quickly add the chicken broth so it stops cooking and doesn't burn (no one likes burnt garlic). The broccoli florets go in next and cook until they are bright green and crisp-tender. When you get there, turn off the heat and add the cream cheese and 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until smooth, pour into a casserole dish, top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven until lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
Instead of cheddar cheese, try using gouda, Gruyere, Monterey Jack, pepper-jack, fontina, Swiss, mozzarella or your favorite cheese blend. To change things up, try this same recipe buy use asparagus, green beans or cauliflower. Serve this cheesy vegetable casserole as a side dish for dinner with chicken, pork, lamb or beef.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about 2 bunches broccoli)
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter in a large skillet or soup pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth and toss in the broccoli. Cook until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cubed cream cheese and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 5 to 10 minutes or until top is beginning to lightly brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Casserole Dishes $8 & Up
Broccoli Cookbooks $5 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.