Savory Skillet Chicken Recipe With Creamy Bacon & Mushroom Sauce Will Leave You Speechless by 30Seconds Food
There really are no words for this savory skillet chicken recipe. OK, maybe "Mmmmmmm."
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs or bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or herbs de provence
- 5 - 6 slices bacon
- 1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Here’s how to make it:
- Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning or herbs de provence, salt and pepper. Add the chicken to a hot ovenproof skillet and cook until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes. Put the skillet into a preheated 350-degree F oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, add the bacon to another skillet and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and crumble. Set aside.
- Drain all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Add the mushrooms to the fat and cook until soft and golden. Add the bacon back to the pan along with the cream, garlic powder, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a low simmer and cook until it begins to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce over. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.