30-Minute Chicken & Mushrooms Recipe: A One-Pan Fusion of Flavors by Melissa Vickers
Don't you love one-pan recipes? Here’s a mushroom and chicken recipe that comes together quickly, and in one pan. The easy recipe has chicken, mushrooms, peppers and onions – and a few common spices. Delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces sliced brown mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 shallot or small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Mix well and sear chicken all over until browned and cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and set it aside and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown and soften, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Let melt and sauté shallots and bell peppers until just soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with any juices released while resting. Mix through all of the ingredients to evenly coat in the pan juices. Continue cooking until all vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. Taste test and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
Note: If you want it a little hot, add some chili powder, red pepper flakes or Sriracha for heat. This recipe is also good with a little added sweetness. Try teriyaki sauce or a little raspberry Simply Fruit.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.