Rustic Cranberry Galette Recipe: An Old-fashioned Recipe for the Holidays by 30Seconds Food
Beautiful, fancy desserts around the holidays are not few and far between. From decorated cakes and cupcakes to fancy cookies, you'll find lots of festive desserts that are as much a treat to the eyes as they are to the stomach. But sometimes, simple rustic desserts take you back, like this easy cranberry galette recipe.
A galette is a French dessert that's a freeform dough topped with a sweet (sometimes savory) filling that's baked to golden perfection. This holiday cranberry galette has a sweet and tart fresh cranberry topping flavored with brown sugar and vanilla. It's a beautiful way to end your Christmas dinner.
Serve this old-fashioned galette recipe for dessert with a big dollop of whipped cream of vanilla ice cream. If you like this galette recipe, try our cherry galette, apricot galette, apple galette and savory tomato galette.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, thawed (see Recipe Notes)
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- You'll only use one of the crusts in the box unless you double the filling.
- The filling can easily be doubled to make two galettes.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Roll or press the dough out to a 12-inch circle (it doesn't have to be perfect). Put the dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the cranberry filling into the middle of the dough and spread, leaving a border that's about 2 inches. Fold the crust up to just cover the edges of the filling. Sprinkle the edges of the crust with some granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 1.1g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 46.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Total Sugars: 19.1g
Vitamin: D 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.