Incredibly Easy Cherry Galette Recipe: Celebrate Cherry Season With This Cherry Tart Recipe by Donna John
Looks good, doesn't it? This style of tart is known as a galette. Don't tell your friends and family how easy this cherry tart recipe is to make. This cherry galette recipe is great with vanilla ice cream on top.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 ready-made pie crust, softened, or your favorite homemade crust
- 3 cups fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- egg wash (get Chef Gigi’s easy recipe)
- sugar, for dusting
- powdered sugar (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Press or roll the pie crust into a circle that's about 14 to 15 inches. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Combine the cherries, 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Spoon into the center of the pie dough circle. Fold the edges up to create a border.
- Brush the pie crust with the egg wash. Sprinkle it with a little sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 1 hour. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.