To show some love for this often overlooked fruit, try this super easy apricot galette recipe! It was inspired by our very own Chef Gigi's galette recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 12 apricots, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- For dough, mix all ingredients in a plastic zipper bag until it combines like play dough. Press out a wide flat disc. Zip up the bag and chill dough for about 15 minutes. Remove. Dust a flat surface with a little flour and roll to about a 12- to 14-inch circle about 1/4-inch thick.
- For the filling, toss together all ingredients. Place the filling in the center of the dough disc, leaving about 2 inches of space around the edges. Fold the dough up around the fruit. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake at 425 degrees F about 30 minutes.
Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream.