How to Make an Easy Apricot Galette (Impress Your Guests)! by Donna John
To show some love for this often overlooked fruit, try this super easy apricot galette recipe! It was inspired by our very own Chef Gigi's galette recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 12 apricots, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- For dough, mix all ingredients in a plastic zipper bag until it combines like play dough. Press out a wide flat disc. Zip up the bag and chill dough for about 15 minutes. Remove. Dust a flat surface with a little flour and roll to about a 12- to 14-inch circle about 1/4-inch thick.
- For the filling, toss together all ingredients. Place the filling in the center of the dough disc, leaving about 2 inches of space around the edges. Fold the dough up around the fruit. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake at 425 degrees F about 30 minutes.
Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream.