Easy Tomato Galette Recipe: Try This Creative Tomato Recipe for Your Summer Tomato Crop by Donna John
My tomato plants are producing lots of plump, juicy tomatoes – but they're all getting ripe at the same time. If you're looking for new tomato recipes for your summer tomatoes, try this easy tomato galette recipe. Use whatever tomatoes you have on hand.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 container Boursin cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar, provolone, Swiss, mozzarella, feta, etc.)
- fresh chopped basil leaves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14-ounce package), at room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten
- olive oil, for drizzling
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cut tomato slices on paper towels. Sprinkle with a little salt and allow them to sit for about 30 minutes. This helps remove moisture from the tomatoes so you don't end up with a soggy galette. Flip them occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the Boursin cheese, shredded cheese, some chopped fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the pie crust onto a baking sheet and roll out to make a 12-inch circle. Spread the cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a border around the edges.
- Pat the tomatoes one more time with new paper towels, then place them over the cheese mixture, leaving a border. Fold up the edges to create the galette.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg. Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven until crust is golden, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with a little olive oil, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tomato Cookbooks $5 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Paper Towels $5 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.