London Broil Steak Salad Recipe Is a Satisfying & Easy Main Dish Salad by Sarah Amona
When you want a hearty, filling, satisfying main dish salad, a steak salad is the way to go. This easy salad recipe uses London broil that's marinated then quickly broiled. Fresh romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, green onions and healthy almonds add the finishing touches. Delish!
Fun fact: Did you know that London broil is not a type of meat, but the way you cook it? London broil is typically a flank steak or top round steak that's marinated, though you will see it labeled as London broil in many grocery stores.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 3 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 16 to 24 minutes
Total Time: 26 to 34 minutes plus 3 hours to marinate
- 2 pounds London broil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce toasted slivered almonds
Here's how to make it:
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper food storage bag. Add the steak. Place in fridge to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Turn on oven to high broil. Discard the marinade and place steak in pan. Broil for 8 to 12 minutes per side, then set aside to cool. Slice the steak thinly against the grain. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the salad, toss the ingredients together in a bowl. Plate the salad and add sliced steak on top. Drizzle with salad dressing.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Salad Dressing $2 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Slivered Almonds $4 & Up
Walden Farms Salad Dressings $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.