Hella Good Hungarian Goulash Soup Recipe: You Can't Go Wrong With This Easy Goulash Soup Recipe by 30Seconds Food
This Hungarian goulash soup recipe is just as hearty and delicious as Hungarian goulash and Hungarian mushroom soup, so you're in for a treat! With rutabaga, carrots, potatoes, sweet red pepper and tender cubes of stew meat, this easy soup recipe is what you need on a cold night.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 hours (approximately)
Total Time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 - 1 1/4 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, smashed
- ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Season the beef with salt and pepper, then brown on all sides in the hot oil. Remove beef to a plate.
- Add the onions and cook until they begin to lightly brown, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the paprika, caraway seeds and cayenne. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Put the stew meat back into the pot along with the potatoes, carrots and rutabaga. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the tomatoes and their liquid and red bell pepper. Cover and continue to cook about 30 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Caraway Seeds $3 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.