Creamy Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe Is Exploding With Flavor by 30Seconds Food
It's soup season! Hungarian mushroom soup is a fabulous soup recipe flavored with dill, paprika, lemon and other strong flavors. Sour cream is stirred into the soup at the end, resulting in a creamy soup you won't be able to stop eating.
Onions and mushrooms are cooked in butter until soft. Chicken broth, white wine, dried dill, fresh thyme, ground paprika and low-sodium soy sauce are added and cooked for about 10 minutes. A slurry of milk and flour are added to thicken the soup, then sour cream and lemon juice are stirred in. That's it. You're bowl of creamy mushroom soup is ready to be eaten.
If you like this mushroom soup, try one of these:
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped fresh dill or parsley, for garnish
- Use your favorite type of mushrooms for this recipe.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in a large soup pot in the butter until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth wine, dill, thyme, paprika and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until it reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and flour until smooth. Whisk the mixture into the soup and cook about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the sour cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 26.4g
Saturated Fat: 16g
Total Carbohydrate: 19.9g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
Total Sugars: 5.2g
Vitamin D: 354mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.