Chicken Dijonnaise Recipe: How to Make This French Classic (Ooooo La La!) by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Want to eat like a chef? Then make this chicken recipe ASAP.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground cumin (it's optimum to toast your own coriander and pulverize, but optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard (not fake yellow)
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped tarragon
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in skillet and cook, turning often, until nicely brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add chicken stock and cumin. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until done, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, crème fraiche and tarragon. Add to pan and stir until thickened.
- Return the chicken to pan and blanket with the sauce.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Whole Grain Mustard $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.