Chicken Dijonnaise Recipe: Chefs Love This French Baked Chicken Recipe by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
If you want to eat like a chef, make this easy baked chicken dijonnaise recipe ASAP. I'm a chef, so you can trust me. The whole family will need chef hats after one bite.
This flavorful chicken recipe is delicious – and not as time consuming as you may think. Serve this juicy chicken with potatoes or rice to soak up the creamy, mustardy sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped tarragon
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in skillet and cook, turning often, until nicely brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add chicken stock and cumin. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until done, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, crème fraiche and tarragon. Add to pan and stir until thickened.
- Return the chicken to pan and blanket with the sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Whole Grain Mustard $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.