Benefits of a Home Gym: Top 7 Reasons to Exercise at Home Instead of the Gym by Johnson Fitness & Wellness
Let’s face it, there are times when we just can’t get to the gym to exercise. Maybe you have a small gym at home or have an extra-busy schedule. Maybe you don’t want to deal with a busy workout facility and fighting the crowds that always seem to grow as colder weather rolls in and the New Year’s resolution fitness crowd arrives.
Sounds like the ideal opportunity to exercise at home and get fit in the comfort of your own home gym. While some may struggle with sticking to workouts at home, others are able to thrive and often find they can take their workout routines to a whole new level. Here are our top seven reasons to exercise at home instead of the gym:
- Save Money: Most gyms not only require a monthly membership fee (and even a registration fee), but also extra charges for classes and personal trainers. Bodyweight-only workouts have made it possible to workout for free at home. If you add some multi-purpose equipment and even a cardio piece, the initial cost will be less expensive over time than a membership.
- Save Time: You can pick the workouts that best fit your schedule, there’s no drive time and no need to change in the locker room or wait for equipment. If you’re a stay-at-home parent or work from home, being able to grab a workout when you have the opportunity is a lifesaver.
- No Crowds: A bunch of other people want to use that popular equipment at the gym, too, at the same time you want to use it. At home, you can exercise at peak times without having to fight for equipment, locker or parking space.
- No Distractions: Gym distractions can be people wanting to chat, loud noise or that “can you give me a spot” guy. At home, there are no strangers to disturb you, so you can focus on working out the way you want to.
- You’re the DJ: Music motivates many of us when working out, and when you’re at home you can listen to whatever you want and as loud as you want. No earbuds needed, and you can even sing along if you want.
- Wear Whatever You Like: When working out at home, no one cares if you’re wearing the T-shirt you slept in or your favorite yoga pants (again). No judging, staring or ridicule.
- Fewer Germs: Commercial gyms are full of germs. At your home gym, you at least know who has used the equipment and can control how clean it is.
This post is sponsored by Johnson Fitness & Wellness.