Yoga Poses: Work on Your Balance & Strength With Tree Pose! by Mary Clare McNulty
4 years ago
Find moments of calm and balance in your day with the yoga tree pose. Here's how you do it:
- Stand up straight with the hips and shoulders aligned, tighten your core muscles.
- Shift your body weight onto your left foot.
- Place your right heel above your ankle, knee or on your inner thigh with your knee turned out. If this is too hard, keep the ball of your right foot on the floor and rest the heel above the ankle.
- Inhale and lift your arms up overhead.
- Exhale and hold this position for five deep breaths. Switch sides and repeat.
Doing this simple yoga pose can help you with strength and balance!