Simple Wisdom: 7 Wonderful Life Lessons I Learned From My Dog by Michele Lengerman
2 years ago
In honor of National Pet Day, I’m reviving this list of life lessons I learned from my sweet Candace. I am forever a better human because of her simple wisdom:
- Go for a walk every day. It’s good for your body and your spirit.
- Treat every walk like it’s your first – and your last. Even when you walk the same path, there is always something new to see.
- Always greet loved ones with a smile and a wagging tail.
- Always greet strangers with a smile and a wagging tail.
- A little cheese goes a long way! Kibble or veggies, it’s all better with a little cheese.
- On a sunny day, drop everything and lay on the patio.
- When someone is sad, be right there. No advice or wisdom needed, just sit with them in their sadness so they know they aren’t alone.
Hug your pets!