Having Trouble Keeping Your New Year's Resolutions? Try This! by Doctor Harmony
Many people find the New Year is a great time to plan ahead and make resolutions and goals for the next year. How many of us follow through with our goals to completion by the end of the year? It may lead us to feel disappointed and demoralized. Check out these tips to see your goals to the end!
- Keep your goals realistic.
- Set smaller goals and shorter-term goals, which help to achieve the major goal.
- Find ways to objectively check on your progress (e.g. weight, time taken).
- Celebrate each milestone of reaching a smaller goal. If there's a setback, remind yourself that it happens to everyone and see how you can get back on track.
- If you tend to procrastinate, ask, "Is the regret and effects of not trying worth it in the end? Or is it worthwhile working hard now to reap the rewards later?"