Heal Them With Kindness: 5 Ways Being Kind Can Improve Your Health by Dr. Shayna Mancuso
Being kind to others will not only make this world a better place, but research shows it may also improve our overall physical health.
- Kindness keeps our heart healthy. Studies have shown that being kind causes the release of oxytocin (and nitric oxide), which helps to expand our blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
- Kindness makes us happier humans. When we are kind, the body releases endorphins which may help to elevate our mood.
- Kindness keeps us young. Free radicals and inflammation, which are big contributors to the aging process, are reduced when we show love and kindness.
- Being kind has been shown to strengthen our immune system.
- Kindness truly is contagious.
Studies show that participating in random acts of kindness may encourage others to "pay it forward" and the cycle continues.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Kindness Journals $6 & Up
Books About Kindness for Kids $3 & Up
Kindness Cards $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.