Hugging Can Provide at Least 9 Health Benefits: Here's How to Hug During a Pandemic by Nicole DeAvilla
Feeling down? How would you like to do the following?
- enhance your immune system
- feel more connected with others
- balance your nervous system
- reduce your stress
- feel really good
- lower your heart rate
- reduce anxiety
- feel content
- stop worrying about your mortality
How about doing it all in 30 seconds? You can! Give someone a hug. Science shows all of these benefits from the simple act of hugging. Quick, hug your kids or spouse! You all will be happier and healthier for it.
How to Hug During a Pandemic
But wait. We're currently in a pandemic. Can you still hug someone? An article in the New York Times says the safest thing is to avoid hugs right now, but if you need to hug someone there are precautions you can take:
- Wear a face mask.
- Hug outdoors.
- Try to avoid touching the other person’s body or clothes with your face and your mask.
- Don’t hug someone who is coughing or has other symptoms.
- Don't hug face to face.
- Don't hug cheeks together, facing the same direction.
- Do hug facing opposite directions.
- Don’t talk or cough while you’re hugging.
- Hug quickly.
- When you're done, don’t linger. Back away quickly so you don’t breathe into each other’s faces.
- Wash your hands afterward.
- Try not to cry.
- Let kids hug you around the knees or waist.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.