5 Medications for Kids You've Gotta Have in Your First Aid Kit! by Sapna Mukherjee, MD
It's stressful to have a sick or injured child. Having a few essentials on hand may help! Here are my top five:
- Ibuprofen or acetaminophen (Motrin/Advil or Tylenol) – Helps reduce fever and pain. Do not give your child aspirin as it may cause liver problems.
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) – Helps with allergic reactions.
- Antibiotic Ointment – Use on minor cuts and scrapes to hasten healing.
- Hydrocortisone Cream – Use on itchy rashes.
- Vaseline or Aquaphor – Helps with chapped lips and dry noses in the winter and great for mild diaper rashes.
Never give medications to children under 4 months of age without consulting with their doctor. And it is always best to consult with your child’s doctor before giving medications at any age.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: