Living a Healthy & Happy Lifestyle During COVID-19: 10 Things You Can Do to Stay Healthy During Coronavirus Quarantine by Dr. E Gaylon McCollough
Ah, quarantine. It’s something many of us are still experiencing because of coronavirus (COVID-19). But how can we make sure we maintain a healthy lifestyle during this time, especially when gyms are closed and the pantry is right next to your new desk (aka, the kitchen table)?
The key to remaining healthier and more prosperous through good times and bad is to do the things that have been shown to be effective all the time. With the unprecedented restrictions being imposed upon us by state and local governments, people are being confined to their homes and may become careless about doing the things that keep us healthier and happier. Here are 10 ways to stay healthy while under quarantine:
- Keep a positive attitude. Think healthy and productive thoughts. Remember, “Your body is the servant of your mind.” The mind that harbors negative thoughts usually causes its body to function in negative ways.
- Exercise vigilance and safety. Follow the protocols that health organizations have published. Contact your personal physician if you should develop the signs and symptoms of coronovirus: fever, cough, difficulty breathing and fatigue. Then follow your doctor’s recommendations.
- Keep your mind active. Learn more about things you’ve always wanted to know or master. Read books you’ve put aside for such times.
- Keep your body active. Exercise the muscles of your body every day and throughout the day, whether walking up and down stairs, jogging in place and performing calisthenics.
- Get in touch with your spiritual side. Meditate or pray every day for yourself and your fellowman.
- If possible spend at least 30 minutes outdoors in God’s Grand Cathedral, on your balcony, terrace, yard or nearby woods or beach.
- Take nostalgic trip into the past. Review old photographic albums, scrapbooks and journals.
- Write a manuscript for the book or memoir you’ve always wanted to publish. Don’t worry about getting it right. Just begin writing down your unfiltered thoughts. There’ll be time, later, for editing and formatting.
- Pick up the phone and call friends, family and customers you’ve neglected. Write letters or emails to everyone who you owe a “thank you” – co-workers, classmates, teammates, teachers, coaches and mentors.
- Review and revise your bucket list. Peruse the internet for vacation and educational packages. Make tentative plans for the trip(s) you’ve always wanted to take and places you’ve always wanted to visit.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Gift You Give Yourself: Surgical and Other Choices That Enhance Your Appearance, Confidence and Health $25
Gratitude Journals $6 & Up
Exercise Equipment $5 & Up
Prayer Books Free & Up
Journals $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.