Old-Fashioned Almond Whipped Cream Recipe: Creamy Almond Flavor In 5 Minutes (3 Ingredients) by Elisa Schmitz
There's something about the rich taste of almonds that brings an old-fashioned flavor to whatever you serve it with. If you enjoy the flavor of almonds, then you are going to love my latest whipped cream recipe. This easy three-ingredient almond whipped cream recipe wraps that rich almond taste you love into a fresh and creamy dessert topping you'll want to put on everything.
This three-ingredient whipped cream recipe is my latest homemade whipped cream recipe, and we just can't get enough of it. This decadent dessert recipe has all the almond flavor you enjoy combined with the creamy richness of whipped cream. And, with just three ingredients, it's ready to serve in only five minutes!
This gluten-free whipped cream treat is so simple to make – all you need is heavy whipping cream, almond extract and powdered sugar. If you want a little extra flavor, you can add a half teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional). Using an electric mixer, you beat the ingredients until stiff peaks form. The whole process takes only about five minutes!
I served this low-sodium whipped cream as a topping for brownies and cheesecake and it was amazing. You also can use it on top of ice cream, cupcakes, with cookies or even in place of coffee creamer. But, for a pure almond taste, take a spoon and enjoy it all by itself. So good!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Cake Mixes
- Electric Mixer
- Recipe Box
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Kitchen Towels
- Pie Plate
- For best results, be sure to use cold heavy whipping cream. It also helps to put your mixing bowl and mixer's whisk attachment into the refrigerator to chill about 15 to 30 minutes before using them so they are cold as well.
- Almond extract is very strong, so be careful with how much you use as it can get overpowering fast. I experimented and found that a 3/4 teaspoon was the perfect amount for our taste buds!
- We liked the added flavor of a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, but that is optional.
- I found that 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar was just right for our taste buds. But if you prefer a very sweet whipped cream, you could add a 1/2 teaspoon more at a time until you find your sweet spot!
- I used an electric mixer, but you could try to make it without one by using a cold wire whisk and beating the ingredients rapidly until peaks form.
- I used regular heavy whipping cream, but you could try this recipe with non-dairy whipping cream, too. When I've tried it in the past, the peaks did not get as stiff but it was still delicious.
- You can sprinkle some whole almonds or slivered/sliced almonds on top as a garnish, if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You also can freeze it.
Here's how to make it:
- To the bowl of your electric mixer, add the heavy whipping cream, almond extract and powdered sugar (and vanilla extract, if using).
- Beat on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite desserts or on its own with a spoon. Top with whole almonds or sliced/slivered almonds as a garnish, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.8g
Saturated Fat: 5.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 3.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 2.4g
Vitamin D: 12mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.