Easy Farmers Market Caprese Flatbread Recipe Is Ready in 20 Minutes by Jan Mostrom
I've been sharing quite a few recipes with end-of-summer tomatoes that are so ripe and delicious. I bought another case of vine-ripened tomatoes at my farmers market and was looking for yet another way to make something new and easy. This flatbread, or pizza if you'd like, is so easy and will adapt to any ingredients you have around the house.
Mine was simple with olive oil, salt, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, cheese and crushed red pepper flakes. The great thing about this flatbread is once you have your "canvas" (your crust) you decide what to put on it! I'll give you a few ideas of our favorites in Recipe Notes below.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- premade pizza dough
- olive oil
- fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 - 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 large fresh tomato, sliced thin
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Use any toppings you would like or have in your fridge. You could use spinach, feta and olives for a Greek flatbread. Red onions and sweet peppers are delicious as well. Like a red sauce? Just use up your extra marinara you have it in the fridge and coat the crust after the pre-bake before your toppings. The possibilities are endless! Think about what's in season or in your fridge.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight food container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- On a baking sheet, pour a bit of olive oil and spread it around with your hands or a paper towel. Remove any excess and then place dough on the pan. With your clean hands spread the dough around the pan making it as thin as possible (if you have too much oil this will be harder). Lightly brush or spread olive oil on the top of the crust and place in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes to pre-bake before toppings.
- While the crust cooks prepare your toppings (see Recipe Notes for ideas). When crust is light brown remove from oven. Brush another small amount of olive oil and sprinkle with some salt. Add your toppings. In my case that was tomatoes and basil and a bit more salt on top. Sprinkle with as much cheese as you like and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Place back in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is light brown. Remove and enjoy warm!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.9g
Saturated Fat: 0.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 32.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
Total Sugars: 0.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.