Easy Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread Recipe Will Turn You Into an Italian Chef by 30Seconds Food
Focaccia is a flat Italian bread that's often served as a side dish or used to make sandwiches. This focaccia bread recipe is full of herbs and garlic – and is surprisingly easy to make.
Here's your shopping list for this rosemary garlic focaccia bread: olive oil, fresh garlic, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, active dry yeast, granulated sugar, flour, sea salt and crushed red pepper flakes. The crushed red pepper flakes are optional, but add a touch of heat to the bread. You could omit the thyme and just use rosemary, or vice versa. Or use your favorite fresh herbs.
Serve this Italian bread as a side dish with dinner or cut a piece for a snack. Store the leftover bread in an airtight container on the counter for up to one week.
Prep Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Add the olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and a few cracks of freshly ground black pepper to a skillet. Cook on low heat until herbs let off their fragrance, about 5 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the yeast, warm water and sugar. Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of flour along with 1/4 cup of the garlic-herb oil. When just moist, allow the dough to sit for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the flour and salt. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead the dough about 15 times. Put the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- To bake the bread, oil a 13x9-inch high-rimmed baking pan with about 2 tablespoons of the garlic-herb oil. Put the dough onto the baking sheet and press into the pan, using your fingertips to create small indentions in the dough.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the remaining garlic-herb oil on the top of the dough. Let the dough rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
High-rimmed 13x9-inch Baking Pans $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Active Dry Yeast $3 & Up
Dried Rosemary $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Sea Salt $3 & Up
Black Pepper in Grinder $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.