Bloody Mary Tomato Salad Recipe Needs An Invite to Brunch, Lunch or Dinner (or Happy Hour?) by Jan Mostrom
One might argue that a salad could never be as good as a cocktail, but this one might leave you wondering. Tomatoes at the height of the summer season are so sweet and delicious! You may just need to have a bloody mary cocktail and this delicious tomato salad at your brunch this weekend! Gather as many different kinds of tomatoes as possible to make this beautiful, tasty and healthy salad recipe.
All you need are these few simple ingredients for this tomato salad recipe: lots of different tomatoes, celery, red onion or shallot, lemon, salt, black pepper, sugar and fresh parsley. For the spicy bloody mary dressing, grab the soy sauce or tamari, balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, garlic, celery salt and olive oil.
Not only is this salad refreshing and delicious, but tomatoes have lots of health benefits. So this easy tomato salad is a great addition to your recipe box. Serve it for brunch, lunch or dinner with your favorite protein.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion or shallot, thinly sliced
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- pinch of granulated sugar
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes (any variety), cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- handful of chopped parsley
Bloody Mary Dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Use all colors of tomatoes for this healthy tomato salad -– yellow, orange, red and green, if you can find them.
- If you don't like spice, omit the hot sauce.
Here's how to make it:
- Chop celery and slice onion or shallot and place in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Combine the soy sauce or tamari, balsamic, hot sauce, garlic, celery salt and olive oil in a bowl or jar and stir to combine.
- Drain the liquid off of celery and onion in a colander. Press out any extra juice and place mixture back into the bowl.
- Add tomatoes and then the dressing, salt and pepper. Mix gently to coat the tomatoes with the dressing.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top and serve.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.