The Best Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe (Make It Just Because) by Donna John
Why would you want to make homemade teriyaki sauce when you can buy it already prepared at the store? Because everything (almost!) is better made from scratch. Also, am I the only one that thinks bottled teriyaki sauce is just way too salty? This teriyaki sauce recipe uses low-sodium soy sauce, so it's a lot less salty tasting. And, you can adjust the amount of each ingredient to fit your personal preferences.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated or minced ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sesame oil and ginger in a saucepot over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the saucepot. Whisk until the teriyaki sauce starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and cool completely. Store the sauce in the refrigerator.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.