Crispy Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe With White Balsamic Vinaigrette by Elisa Schmitz
This crispy shaved brussels sprouts salad recipe was inspired by a restaurant meal I had recently. I've found that one of the ways to get inspired in the kitchen is by trying to recreate your favorite restaurant meals. I don't eat at restaurants nearly as often as I used to, so going out is more of a treat (and inspiration) than ever.
That's why this crispy brussels sprouts salad recipe was so much fun to recreate at home. The crispiness of the sprout leaves is addictive (bonus that brussels sprouts are so good for you). This recipe makes a great vegetable side dish, or you can serve it with a protein (or a side of skinny Parmesan fries, like I did!) to make it more of a full lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup shaved Manchego cheese (you could use shaved Parmesan)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the brussels sprouts, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the garlic, drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread out into a single layer. Cook for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are browned and crispy. Let cool, then put them into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the cooled brussels sprouts.
- Pour desired amount of the the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.