Slow-Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe With Pasta: A Shredded Chicken Parmesan Recipe for the Win by Ann Marie Patitucci
Chicken parmesan has been one of my favorite meals since I was a kid. I seldom make it for my family, though, because to make it like my mom, “Mimi,” does, it’s somewhat time intensive and it isn’t particularly healthy.
This easy chicken parmesan recipe, however, is a healthy alternative to the fried option and it saves a lot of time. After 15 minutes or so of prep work, the slow cooker takes over. And even the pickiest kids love pasta! Win-win for everyone! Bonus: this recipe freezes well.
Cuisine: Italian American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and 30 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 45 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pound (16 ounces) penne or ziti
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano and dried parsley. Add red pepper flakes as well, if using. Stir ingredients into the slow cooker and gently combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain well.
- Stir pasta and chicken into the slow cooker and add the cheeses on top. Cover and cook on low for an additional 10 to 20 minutes, or until cheeses have melted. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.