Creamy Parmesan Broccoli & Chicken Casserole Recipe Is Chef Approved by Chef Gigi
I love this chicken casserole recipe because it’s fast, cheap and easy. My family loves this creamy Parmesan broccoli chicken dinner because it’s delicious!
All the ingredients are put into a casserole, covered and baked. You won't be needing a lot of mixing bowls and spoons for this chicken and rice dish. The casserole is made with flavorful ingredients: boneless chicken breast, onion, garlic, mushrooms, rice, broccoli, chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, ground sage, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper for a little (optional) heat. This casserole reminds me a little of risotto! And you can't go wrong with risotto.
Serve this easy, comforting chicken and broccoli casserole recipe family style. You don't need a side dish, but if you want add a fresh garden salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, medium dice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 dozen brown cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a glass baking dish, add the chicken, mushrooms garlic, onion, broccoli and rice.
- Combine additional ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together well. Pour over the chicken and season again with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with additional cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour in a preheated 350-degree F or until the chicken is cooked through to 160 degrees F degrees internal temperature and the rice is tender. Remove the foil the last 15 minutes of cooking to brown the top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Long-grain Rice $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Ground Sage $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.